Important news and views in web video, TV, convergence and digital culture during the last week (2/4-2/11). Double bullets (••) indicate a must-read!:
Web Video Market:
• Hulu Tops for Premium Viewing, But Networks Catching Up (Variety; NewTeeVee): People watch most minutes on Hulu, but “ComScore reports the network sites saw an 82% increase in time spent watching online video last year. That’s nearly five times the size of Hulu’s increase, which was just 17%.”
• Vimeo Upgrades Service for Plus Users (ReelSEO): Likely to compete for quality uploads.
• MSN Launches New Comedy Pilots (Clicker)
• Anyone But Me, 30 Rock Webisodes Win Writer’s Guild New Media Awards (Tubefilter): An interview with the industrious ABM winners.
• Dr. Horrible Doing Vegas (Web Series Network): Nerds rally!
Research and Policy:
Hollywood and Tech: